History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Mill Public House

A Grade II Listed Building in Kingston upon Hull, City of Kingston upon Hull

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7623 / 53°45'44"N

Longitude: -0.2977 / 0°17'51"W

OS Eastings: 512317

OS Northings: 430897

OS Grid: TA123308

Mapcode National: GBR GXG.VQ

Mapcode Global: WHHGQ.DPHL

Entry Name: The Mill Public House

Listing Date: 16 June 1971

Last Amended: 21 January 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1283110

English Heritage Legacy ID: 387623

Location: Kingston upon Hull, HU9

County: City of Kingston upon Hull

Electoral Ward/Division: Southcoates West

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Kingston upon Hull

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Southcoates St Aidan

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Sutton on Hull

Listing Text


KINGSTON UPON HULL

TA13SW HOLDERNESS ROAD
680-1/5/205 (South East side)
16/06/71 The Mill Public House
(Formerly Listed as:
HOLDERNESS ROAD
(South East side)
No.602
& Ayres Cottage & storehouse at
right angles to Ayres Cottage)

GV II

2 houses and adjoining storehouse, now public house. c1820,
restored and with alterations, 1990. Brick with hipped and
gabled pantile roofs and 3 rear wall stacks. 2 storeys;
4-window range; L-plan. First-floor windows and doors have
segmental heads. Fenestration all c1990. In the centre, two
12-pane sashes with yellow brick heads flanked by a similar
sash to right and an 8-pane sash to left. Below, a central
door flanked by single canted wooden bay windows, and beyond,
single doors. Beyond again, to left, a canted wooden bay
window and to right, a segment-headed 12-pane sash. Left
gable, to street, has an altered shop window with reeded
surround and cornice framing a glazing bar casement and a
4-panel door. Hipped right wing has in the return angle 2
small glazing bar sashes and below, to left, a large pair of
doors with pilastered wooden surround and cornice. This
building was tenanted by the miller John Rank from 1851, and
Joseph Rank, his grandson, was born here in 1854. Included for
group value.


Listing NGR: TA1231730897

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.