History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

8, Lowwood Grove

A Grade II Listed Building in Birkenhead, Wirral

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3877 / 53°23'15"N

Longitude: -3.0259 / 3°1'33"W

OS Eastings: 331863

OS Northings: 388366

OS Grid: SJ318883

Mapcode National: GBR 7Y98.P9

Mapcode Global: WH87D.H39Q

Entry Name: 8, Lowwood Grove

Listing Date: 10 August 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1292033

English Heritage Legacy ID: 389244

Location: Wirral, CH41

County: Wirral

Electoral Ward/Division: Birkenhead and Tranmere

Built-Up Area: Birkenhead

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside

Church of England Parish: Birkenhead Christ the King

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Birkenhead

Listing Text


BIRKENHEAD

SJ3188 LOWWOOD GROVE
789-1/11/96 (West side)
No.8

GV II

House. c1850. Brick with hipped Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys,
3-window range with central entrance beneath advanced
pedimented gable. 6-panelled door with overlight in stone
architrave flanked by stone canted bay windows with cast iron
parapet and 36-pane sash windows. Upper windows are 24-pane
sashes. Decorative brick eaves cornice. Axial stacks towards
rear. Part of the original development of Clifton park laid
out by Walter Scott during the 1840's and 1850's.


Listing NGR: SJ3186388366

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


BIRKENHEAD

SJ3188 LOWWOOD GROVE
789-1/11/96 (West side)
No.8

GV II

House. c1850. Brick with hipped Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys,
3-window range with central entrance beneath advanced
pedimented gable. 6-panelled door with overlight in stone
architrave flanked by stone canted bay windows with cast iron
parapet and 36-pane sash windows. Upper windows are 24-pane
sashes. Decorative brick eaves cornice. Axial stacks towards
rear. Part of the original development of Clifton park laid
out by Walter Scott during the 1840's and 1850's.


Listing NGR: SJ3186388366

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.