This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1773 / 53°10'38"N
Longitude: -2.6097 / 2°36'34"W
OS Eastings: 359348
OS Northings: 364638
OS Grid: SJ593646
Mapcode National: GBR 7P.3W1N
Mapcode Global: WH99P.WDGK
Entry Name: Stable Block
Listing Date: 10 March 1953
Last Amended: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310481
English Heritage Legacy ID: 57335
Location: Little Budworth, Cheshire West and Chester, CW6
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Little Budworth
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Little Budworth St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chester
LITTLE BUDWORTH C.P. OULTON PARK
SJ 56 SE
6/53 Stable block. (Formerly
listed as stables at
Stable Block. c1820. By Lewis Wyatt. Red Flemish bond brick with
slate roof. Two storeys, L-shaped plan. Courtyard front: Nine bays
with stone plinth. Three central bays projecting slightly with
shallow pedimental gable above. Central doorway with door of 6 raised
and fielded panels with rectangular light over door. Window to left
of door of 6 x 6 panes. Similar window at right now blocked and
containing C20 2-light casement window. Three first floor windows of
5 x 3 panes. Circular clock face to gable with C19 saddle-backed
timber bellcote. To left of this are three bays with central 6-panel
door having rectangular light over and sash windows to either side of
6 x 6 panes with stone sills and rubbed brick wedge shaped heads.
Three first floor windows of 5 x 3 panes. Arrangement of bays to
right was originally similar however the left hand ground floor window
is now partially blocked and contains a 2-light C20 casement window.
Central doorway also partially blocked and similarly treated. First
floor windows similar to those at left. To the right of this is a
wing of 5 bays with doors to centre and right of ground floor with
ground floor windows of 6 x 6 panes and first floor windows of 5 x 3
panes. Lewis Wyatt altered the house, Oulton Park, now demolished.
Listing NGR: SJ5934864638
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings