This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.0917 / 50°5'30"N
Longitude: -5.1219 / 5°7'18"W
OS Eastings: 176795
OS Northings: 25958
OS Grid: SW767259
Mapcode National: GBR ZB.97QT
Mapcode Global: FRA 085R.SH9
Entry Name: Stable Court
Listing Date: 22 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311068
English Heritage Legacy ID: 65350
Location: St. Anthony-in-Meneage, Cornwall, TR12
Civil Parish: St. Anthony-in-Meneage
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Anthony-in-Meneage
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 72 NE ST. ANTHONY
2/190 Stable Court
Coach house with grooms' accommodation. Circa late C19. Dressed serpentine brought
to course with dressed granite quoins and voussoirs, dressed freestone sills,
jambstones, mullions, window heads and hood moulds. Steep scantle slate roof with
coped gable ends and cross gable, gabled dormers and 3 large axial stone stacks over
Long rectangular range with central cross gable slightly projecting at the front and
with flight of external stone steps at the rear, 4 coach houses plus tack rooms and
probably stabling to ground floor and accommodation above. Late Gothic style.
Two storeys with 1st floor rooms partly in roof space. 3:1:3 bay roughly east front
plus single storey wing at left. Bays 1-3 are regular with 2 light mullioned window
with hoodmould to each bay and 2 light mullioned windows to gabled dormers over.
Louvred ventilator over the middle of the roof. The central bay, with 4-light 1st
floor mullioned window and slit ventilator to gable over, has 2 carriage doorways
with elliptical arches to the ground floor. The 2 bays to the right of this have
square headed carriage doorways with keyed lintels over. The right hand bay has 3
light mullioned window. The 1st floor of the right hand 3 bays is similar but
mirror image of left hand 3 bays. Ledged and braced doors and original glazing to
Interior not inspected.
This is the principal coach house associated with the former Bosahan House,
demolished in the 1950's.
This building forms part of a planned group on 3 sides of a cobbled courtyard.
Listing NGR: SW7679525958
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings