This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.21 / 50°12'36"N
Longitude: -5.0915 / 5°5'29"W
OS Eastings: 179514
OS Northings: 39020
OS Grid: SW795390
Mapcode National: GBR ZC.CXBX
Mapcode Global: FRA 087G.L88
Plus Code: 9C2P6W65+29
Entry Name: Old Quay House, Including Garden Wall to South and West
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311075
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63346
Location: Feock, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Feock
Built-Up Area: Devoran
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Devoran
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 7939 FEOCK QUAY ROAD, Devoran
7/71 Old Quay House, including garden
wall to south and west
Office and engine shed for Redruth and Chasewater Railway, now private house, and
garden wall. Circa 1854. Slatestone with granite quoins and jambstones. Roof over
office is hipped with 2 linked hipped wings to rear, and gable ended engine house
linked to most northerly wing. All with asbestos slate. Brick chimneys over rear
wall and (north) side wall of southern wing.
2-room double depth plan, plus engine shed to west. 1 and 2 storeys.
Office has symmetrical single-storey 2-window east front with original hornless 12-
pane sashes. Central doorway with overlight. Cambered brick arches. South side
wall has 2 canted bay windows with cornices. 12-pane sashes and fixed sidelights.
Further original 12-pane sash to rear of south wing. Engine shed has original
entrance to west with rock-faced granite voussoirs to round-headed doorway. Now
divided with C20 window over C20 sliding wooden door.
Interior is remodelled except for offices with original doors and original queen
strut roof structures. Coped rubble garden wall with granite quoins and
incorporating 2 courses of dressed granite reused railway sleeper blocks.
Part of the Redruth and Chasewater Railway, 1824-1915, which transported mineral ore
to the part of Devoran from the mining hinterland. Horse drawn until 1854 when steam
locomotives were introduced.
Listing NGR: SW7951439020
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings