This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5208 / 51°31'14"N
Longitude: -0.1311 / 0°7'51"W
OS Eastings: 529762
OS Northings: 181867
OS Grid: TQ297818
Mapcode National: GBR G9.Q0
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.P12G
Entry Name: Numbers 15a and 17 to 49 and Attached Railings
Listing Date: 28 March 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322175
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477392
Location: Camden, London, WC1E
Electoral Ward/Division: Bloomsbury
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Giles-in-the-Fields
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2981NE GOWER STREET
798-1/99/605 (West side)
28/03/69 Nos.15A AND 17-49 (Odd)
and attached railings
Terrace of 18 houses. Nos 15A-39 built 1783; Nos 41-49, 1785.
Nos 37-41 frontages rebuilt in facsimile but having only one
doorway (that to No.39). Darkened yellow stock brick. Stucco
1st floor band with guilloche pattern. Slated mansard roofs
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys, attics and basements; Nos 25 & 39, 4
storeys and basements. 3 windows each, No.49 with
unfenestrated return to Chenies Street. Round-arched doorways
with fluted pilasters, cornice-heads, fanlights and panelled
doors; most with panelled reveals and some with radial
patterned fanlights. Gauged brick flat arches to recessed sash
windows, some with glazing bars. Ground and 1st floor windows
with bracketed sills and cast-iron guards. Parapets.
No.15a: entrance in arched porch extension with return to
Store Street. 4 windows in ground floor extension, 2 at 1st
Nos 19 & 21: early C20 stone entablature with bracketed
cornice and fluted frieze.
No.21: stone entrance surround with Doric half columns
INTERIORS: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings with urn
finials to areas.
Listing NGR: TQ2975981865
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings