This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.6912 / 50°41'28"N
Longitude: -4.6884 / 4°41'18"W
OS Eastings: 210211
OS Northings: 91402
OS Grid: SX102914
Mapcode National: GBR N4.5TSL
Mapcode Global: FRA 1727.TJC
Plus Code: 9C2QM8R6+FJ
Entry Name: No. 1 Penally Court (Venn Cottage) and No.2 Penally Court
Listing Date: 20 July 1987
Last Amended: 26 May 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327700
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68759
Location: Forrabury and Minster, Cornwall, PL35
Civil Parish: Forrabury and Minster
Built-Up Area: Boscastle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Forrabury
Church of England Diocese: Truro
FORRABURY AND MINSTER
1521/2/113 PENALLY HILL
No. 1 Penally Court (Venn Cottage) and
No.2 Penally Court
(Formerly listed as:
FORRABURY AND PENALLY HILL, Boscastle
SX 19 SW MINSTER
2/113 No.1 [Venn Cottage] and No.2 Penally Court.
End two cottages of terrace. Circa 1840. Painted and rendered slate-stone rubble. Rag
slate roof with hipped end on right. Rendered brick axial stack heating left hand
room and similar axial stack to right of centre, backing onto passage or stairs,
heating right hand room.
Two room plan with entrance to left of centre; left hand room heated by axial stack
in left hand end wall and right hand room heated by stack which backs onto right hand
side of passage or stairs. Ground drops to rear.
Two storeys; regular 2-window front with granite 2-centred arched openings in ground
and first floor. C19 window to left with intersecting glazing bars. Entrance to
left of centre with C20 glazed double doors. Fenestration in opening to right
replaced with C20 glazed door. First floor with two circa C19 casement windows with
intersecting glazing bars.
Interior not inspected.
This pair of cottages were for the head gardener and groom of Penally House; the remaining five cottages in the terrace were originally stables and converted into dwellings in 1936.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings