This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8076 / 51°48'27"N
Longitude: -1.9265 / 1°55'35"W
OS Eastings: 405162
OS Northings: 212107
OS Grid: SP051121
Mapcode National: GBR 3PT.RQ6
Mapcode Global: VHB25.KTDP
Entry Name: Group of 6 Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of St Andrew 4 to 9 Metres South of the South Porch
Listing Date: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340885
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131078
Location: Chedworth, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Chedworth
Built-Up Area: Chedworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chedworth St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
CHEDWORTH CHEDWORTH VILLAGE
10/52 Group of 6 monuments in the
churchyard of the Church of
St Andrew 4-9m south of the
Two chest tombs and four headstones. Limestone.
a) Chest tomb to John Tufley. Probably late C18. Inscription on
the south side with raised margin. Fielded inscription panels
at either end. Flat-chamfered capping probably turned over at
some time leaving the chamfers uppermost.
b) Row of 4 headstones c4.5m north-west of the preceding monument.
Late C17-early C18. No inscriptions legible. All four
headstones have double scrollwork tops. The two left-hand
headstones each have a winged cherub's head at the top and
fruit and hourglass motifs either side of the inscription
panel. The other headstones also have cherub's heads at the
top flanked by fruit and flowers with swags and hourglass
motifs either side of the inscription panels.
c) Chest tomb to William Joachim and other members of that family
c3m west of the preceding row of monuments. William Joachim,
died 1841, Ann his wife, died 1867 and Thomas Joachim, died
1878. Moulded plinth. Lyre-shaped ends with foliate
scrollwork and oval inscription panels with cherubs' heads at
the top. Rectangular inscription plaque with raised margins on
the north and south sides. Swags on the marginal panels.
Skulls at the base of each swag on the north side. Deep
capping stone with moulded margin.
Listing NGR: SP0516212107
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings