This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.412 / 51°24'43"N
Longitude: -1.8094 / 1°48'33"W
OS Eastings: 413349
OS Northings: 168122
OS Grid: SU133681
Mapcode National: GBR 4X4.KB1
Mapcode Global: VHB45.LR8Y
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 27 February 1958
Last Amended: 2 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365932
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311401
Location: West Overton, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: West Overton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 16 NW WEST OVERTON VILLAGE CENTRE
9/149 Manor House
(Formerly listed as the
27.2.58 Old Manor)
House. C16 and C17. Sarsen with timber framed and tile hung upper
floor. Brick cross wing on stone moulded sill. Thatched roof.
Two storeys and attic, 3 bays, with 4-bay cross wing at east end,
refurbished C20. Door central to south side; 4-panelled with C18
canopied brick porch, the inner door moulded with 3-centred head.
Flanking windows C19 replacing C17 ovolo moulded stone windows, of
which one partly survives on south, three at west gable end, and
two smaller windows on north. Upper floor has C18 leaded ovolo
timber casements. C20 conservatory at angle with cross wing, the
latter originally a barn and now with two 2-light stone-mullioned
windows at south end, re-set. Some later windows. Gable stacks,
the west stack rebuilt.
Interior: Partitions to through hall of narrow central bay of
timber framing. Library, at west end, has reset C17 panelling,
originally from Devon. A Manor building is recorded in the Earl of
Pembroke's estate papers in 1504.
Listing NGR: SU1334968122
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings