This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6097 / 52°36'34"N
Longitude: -2.3462 / 2°20'46"W
OS Eastings: 376651
OS Northings: 301376
OS Grid: SJ766013
Mapcode National: GBR 07M.7NR
Mapcode Global: WH9DJ.XNXQ
Plus Code: 9C4VJM53+VG
Entry Name: Beckbury Church of England Primary School
Listing Date: 26 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367599
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255153
Location: Beckbury, Shropshire, TF11
Civil Parish: Beckbury
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Beckbury St Milburga
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 70 SK
Beckbury Church of England Primary School
National School, converted to Primary School. Built 1852 by J. V. Hand of Beckbury (see datestone to central gable), opened September 1853. Red brick on plinth, yellow brick floor band and eaves cornice, carried up sloped of central gable, fishscale tiles to roof separated by plain tiled bands, two yellow trick end stacks, and one to ridge of central gable. Schoolmaster's house below with classrooms for girls and boys (converted to one) above, approached by separate covered staircase at side. Two storeys with central gable above eaves; six bays; irregular fenestration to ground floor, windows all small-paned cross casements with yellow brick sills, yellow brick labels with stops; entrance to loft, contemporary doorway with overlight under Tudor arch, yellow brick hoodmould with label stops above. C20 weatherboarded extensions to loft and right of gable ends.
This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 16 February 2017.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings