This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.322 / 53°19'19"N
Longitude: -1.1702 / 1°10'12"W
OS Eastings: 455373
OS Northings: 380889
OS Grid: SK553808
Mapcode National: GBR NZ80.GV
Mapcode Global: WHDF1.0R2M
Plus Code: 9C5W8RCH+RW
Entry Name: Community Centre
Listing Date: 1 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370407
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241211
Location: Shireoaks, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81
Civil Parish: Shireoaks
Built-Up Area: Shireoaks
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Worksop Christ Church and Shireoaks
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 58 SE SHIREOAKS SHIREOAKS ROAD
1/3 Community Centre
(The Old School)
Chapel, now community centre. 1810. For John Hewett of
Shireoaks Hall; converted to school c.1864. Classical style.
Plain and striated ashlar with slate roofs; ashlar dressings,
stepped plinth, sill band, eaves and pedimented gables with
mutules. Single side wall stack. 3 successively lower and
narrower ranges, single storey, 7 bays, gable end on to street.
West side has, to left, 4 unusual triple lancets with elliptical
profile, 2 blocked; to right, single storey lean-to porch with 3
round headed glazing bar sashes, continuing to right as open
timber arcade; above, central triple lancet flanked to left by
circular window and to right by metal frame casement. South
gable, to street, has 2 round headed glazing bar sashes in
moulded surrounds. To its right, single storey, single bay
addition, ashlar with slate roof, with single round headed
glazing bar sash, and in right gable, ashlar doorcase. East side
has 2 small wings with coped gables and single gable stack.
North gable has single round headed window with triple lancet
glazing bars, and memorial tablet to 'Johanis Hewett 1811'.
Listing NGR: SK5537380889
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings