This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1291 / 52°7'44"N
Longitude: -1.782 / 1°46'55"W
OS Eastings: 415022
OS Northings: 247884
OS Grid: SP150478
Mapcode National: GBR 4MH.DBF
Mapcode Global: VHB0Q.2R97
Plus Code: 9C4W46H9+J6
Entry Name: Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 2 August 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1382601
English Heritage Legacy ID: 482985
Location: Long Marston, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Long Marston
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Marston Sicca St James the Great
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP14NE MAIN STREET
1912-1/5/91 (West side (off))
02/08/72 Court Farmhouse
Farmhouse. C17 with C18/C19 additions and alterations.
Timber-frame with plastered infill and brick laid to Flemish
bond; steeply pitched renewed tile roofs with brick end stacks
and massive stone lateral stack with offsets and diagonal
shafts to left return. L-plan with C19 re-entrant block.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 3-window range. Square framing to right
and renewed gable to cross wing to left end, which has wall
post to angle; re-entrant block has top modillioned brick
cornice. Entrance to cross wing has half-glazed door and
lean-to canopy in angle with re-entrant block.
Cross wing has late C19 hipped bay with tripartite sash, and
segmental-headed window with 3-light casement with iron
opening casement to 1st floor; re-entrant block has late C19
two-storey bay with tripartite sashes; to right a C20 casement
to ground floor and a 2-light pegged small-paned casement to
1st floor; right end unit has no windows, but signs of
entrance and 1st floor window. Large external end stack to
Left return has large stack with gabled roof behind; timber
framing to left and small catslide outshut to right. Right
return has tension braces and small casements.
Rear has large C19 brick outshut to right of coursed rubble
with ashlar stack with brick shaft; right end of brick with
gabled wing; varied openings including segmental-headed
windows with 2- or 3-light casements to brick end.
INTERIOR: has chamfered beams and some timber-framed partition
Listing NGR: SP1502247884
Other nearby listed buildings