History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farm Building Approximately 30 Metres South West of Court Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Long Marston, Warwickshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1288 / 52°7'43"N

Longitude: -1.7821 / 1°46'55"W

OS Eastings: 415010

OS Northings: 247858

OS Grid: SP150478

Mapcode National: GBR 4MH.D8B

Mapcode Global: VHB0Q.2R6D

Plus Code: 9C4W46H9+G4

Entry Name: Farm Building Approximately 30 Metres South West of Court Farmhouse

Listing Date: 2 August 1972

Last Amended: 27 April 2000

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1382603

English Heritage Legacy ID: 482987

Location: Long Marston, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37

County: Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Long Marston

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Marston Sicca St James the Great

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Long Marston

Description


LONG MARSTON

SP14NE MAIN STREET
1912-1/5/92 (West side (off))
02/08/72 Farm building approx. 30m SW of
Court Farmhouse
(Formerly Listed as:
LONG MARSTON
Barn at Court Farm, south-west of
house)

GV II

Manorial court house, now farm building. Datestone 1671,
probably representing an extension to an earlier, probably C16
building. Coursed blue lias rubble with some ashlar dressings;
timber-frame with plastered infill to north and C19 brick
lean-to outshut to south.
EXTERIOR: south elevation has outshut with projecting stack
covering 2 blocked openings; to right end a blocked entrance
with quoins and inserted shuttered opening. East end has
plinth to right half, window with small-paned casement to
gable with datestone inscribed: NISI DNS/ IN VAN/ 1671. West
end is open below weatherboarded gable with 2 round-headed
openings. North elevation has close-studded framing.
INTERIOR: 2-bay roof has tie beam truss with struts, plastered
infill flanking entrance up ladder to loft over east half;
riven rafters, trenched purlins and wind braces. Loft on
broadly chamfered beam with stop chamfers stops short of east
end; some joists are stop-chamfered. Wooden winder stair to
north-east angle.
Traditionally the court house of the manorial court leet.

Listing NGR: SP1501047858

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.