This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1351 / 52°8'6"N
Longitude: -1.778 / 1°46'40"W
OS Eastings: 415289
OS Northings: 248556
OS Grid: SP152485
Mapcode National: GBR 4MH.19D
Mapcode Global: VHB0Q.4LDL
Entry Name: The Rosary
Listing Date: 6 February 1952
Last Amended: 27 April 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1382613
English Heritage Legacy ID: 482997
Location: Long Marston, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Long Marston
Built-Up Area: Long Marston
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Marston Sicca St James the Great
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP1548 MAIN STREET
1912-1/13/104 (West side)
06/02/52 The Rosary
(Formerly Listed as:
The Rosary and Rose Cottage)
2 houses, now one house. Late C17, with c1990 addition joining
2 originally separate buildings. Coursed blue lias limestone;
steeply pitched stone slate roofs laid in diminishing courses
with renewed stone slates and stone end and ridge stacks. 2
gabled units forming wings to C20 range, giving U-plan.
EXTERIOR: single-storey C20 range has central segmental-headed
entrance with keystone inscribed: THE ROSARY, and stone
inscribed: G J F to gablet; 2-light, single-light and 4-light
single-chamfered mullioned windows; large rear lateral stack
has diagonal shaft; large flat-roofed dormers; flanking gabled
ends of wings. Wing to left (former Rosary), of 2 storeys;
2-window range. Entrance with large lintel and C20 glazed door
to right of 4-light recessed chamfered-mullioned window with
labelmould, and offset buttress to left end; 1st floor with 2
windows of 2 lights flanking stone inscribed: S G F. End has
entrance with 3-centred head over C20 glazed door, with small
light to left and single light above; end stack.
Left return has large catslide lean-to outshut with C20 French
window to front. Wing to right (former Rose Cottage), of one
storey with attic.
Single-window range; renewed 3-light recessed
chamfered-mullioned window with labelmould and offset buttress
to right end. Gable end has altered 3-light window to ground
floor with flat-faced mullions and labelmould; 3-light window
to attic and stone with oval panel and inscription: T 1672 C.
Rear has plain entrance and large gabled C20 dormer.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1528948556
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings