This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5386 / 52°32'18"N
Longitude: -2.8077 / 2°48'27"W
OS Eastings: 345315
OS Northings: 293721
OS Grid: SO453937
Mapcode National: GBR BG.F1G2
Mapcode Global: VH75V.9G18
Entry Name: 13 and 15, High Street
Listing Date: 29 February 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1383282
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483700
Location: Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6
Civil Parish: Church Stretton
Built-Up Area: Church Stretton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Church Stretton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO4593 HIGH STREET
1312-1/13/63 (East side)
Nos.13 AND 15
Formerly known as: The Lion Public House HIGH STREET.
Public house, called The Lion, converted to shops in late C19,
now single shop. C17, altered C19. Painted timber frame with
painted infill panels, painted roughcast render. Plain-tile
roofs. L-shaped plan of range parallel to street and
cross-wing with gable end to the street. Single storey and
EXTERIOR: street front has left-hand gable of cross wing with
tie beam interrupted by multi-pane casement, collar with twin
swept raking struts over. 2 matching late C19 shop fronts
along complete frontage. Large dormer to right with multi-pane
wood casement under gable framing of cambered tie beam with 3
vertical struts over.
Left return side: 2 framed bays of rectangular and square
panelled timber framing with single truncated tension brace to
right. Brick rear extension wing to left.
INTERIOR: concave step-chamfered bridging beams.
Listing NGR: SO4531493723
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings