This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4446 / 51°26'40"N
Longitude: -0.0845 / 0°5'4"W
OS Eastings: 533212
OS Northings: 173470
OS Grid: TQ332734
Mapcode National: GBR HL.MCT
Mapcode Global: VHGR6.HY5G
Plus Code: 9C3XCWV8+R5
Entry Name: Bell House
Listing Date: 30 June 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470802
Location: Southwark, London, SE21
Electoral Ward/Division: Village
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Dulwich St Barnabas
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3373 COLLEGE ROAD
636-1/15/227 (East side)
30/06/54 Bell House
House. 1767, with later alterations by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
Brown brick with slate roofs.
2 storeys, 5 bays with 2-storey, 5-bay extension to left and
2-storey, 1-bay extension to right. Central bay rises to 3
storeys (forming tower) surmounted by square bell turret with
parapet and cornice above single window. Flanking 2-bay
slightly projecting sections are pedimented with modillion
cornices and oculus in each tympanum. Central timber doorcase
has open modillioned pediment supported on carved consoles,
alternate block sides and archivolt with masked keystone; door
has decorative fanlight. Venetian window above door with
bracketed sill and keystone. Flat, gauged-brick arches to sash
windows with glazing bars, mostly with pilaster architraves
and blind boxes. Brick band at 1st floor.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ3321273470
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings