This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1066 / 52°6'23"N
Longitude: -2.0729 / 2°4'22"W
OS Eastings: 395104
OS Northings: 245364
OS Grid: SO951453
Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.YJ5
Mapcode Global: VHB0R.190X
Plus Code: 9C4V4W4G+JR
Entry Name: The Toll House
Listing Date: 5 December 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386983
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474399
Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10
Civil Parish: Pershore
Built-Up Area: Pershore
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pershore
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO9545 BRIDGE STREET
648-1/5/63 (West side)
The Toll House
Toll house now private house. c1860. Red, yellow and blue
brick in Flemish garden wall bond with stone dressings. Tile
roof, with bands of fish-scale tiles to left range; 2
staggered cross gables with renewed decorative bargeboards and
finials; and tall brick central ridge stack.
EXTERIOR: single storey. To left, 6-pane canted bay-window
with moulded stone mullions, transoms, sill and embattled
parapet. To right, 2-light window with moulded stone surround,
mullions, sill and hoodmould; one metal casement; iron window
bars. Central semi-integral embattled porch with similar
smaller side-window and round-arched doorway with rusticated,
keyed, surround; fanlight with radial glazing bars; panelled
door with metal outer door; and 2 stone steps. Inner former
stable-type door. Rusticated stone quoins, stone plinth and
blue brick plinth course.
Left elevation has further similar mullioned windows with
metal bars, and wing with blue and yellow brick pattern in
INTERIOR: has an elaborately carved fireplace surround.
HISTORICAL NOTE: built for the Trustees of the Pershore
Division of the Evesham First District of Turnpike Roads on
land conveyed by the Dean and Chapter of Westminster Abbey.
Listing NGR: SO9510445364
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings