This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1095 / 52°6'34"N
Longitude: -2.0764 / 2°4'35"W
OS Eastings: 394863
OS Northings: 245693
OS Grid: SO948456
Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.PW1
Mapcode Global: VH938.Y7NN
Entry Name: 1, 3 and 5, Broad Street
Listing Date: 11 February 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386997
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474413
Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10
Civil Parish: Pershore
Built-Up Area: Pershore
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pershore
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
Nos.1, 3 AND 5
Detached house with wings, now three. Early C19, altered.
Red brick in Flemish bond. Welsh slate roof to main house with
brick dogtooth and dentilled eaves and brick end stacks,
hipped plain tile roofs to wings with external stack left.
EXTERIOR: central 3-storey 3-bay house with flanking 2-storey
2-bay wings, that on left higher, and 4 gabled wings to rear.
Central range: brick surrounds, mullions to upper-floor
windows, and sill bands; painted plinth courses.
On 2nd floor, central 3/6 sash flanked by tripartite windows
with 3-pane sidelights and central 3/6 sashes, all having
painted cornices. On 1st floor, central round-arched sash with
Gothick-traceried head and painted keystone and imposts,
flanked by Venetian windows with 3-pane side-lights, central
sashes with Gothick-traceried heads, and painted keystones and
cornices. On ground floor, added tripartite bow windows with
4/4:6/6:4/4 sashes, shallow-pitched leaded roofs and concrete
sills, flanking central doorway which has 2-pane side-lights
below painted cornices, wide half-glazed door in panelled
reveal, gothick-traceried fanlight, and keyed archivolt.
Left wing: similar 1st-floor Venetian window with wooden
mullions and stone sill; below, canted bay-window with 4/4
sashes to sides, central sash with Gothick-traceried head,
shallow-pitched leaded roof and stone sill.
Right wing: 6/6 sash with stone lintel and tile sill above
similar but smaller canted bay-window with concrete sill.
Right return: 6/6 boxed sash and remodelled doorcase with
gabled tile roof and C20 door.
Left return: rear wing has 6/6 sashes; ground-floor canted
bay-window of 6/6:8/8:6/6 sashes; and doorcase with 3-pane
overlight, 4-panel door, and trellis porch.
Rear: two 2-storey wings and two single-storey with tile
roofs, brick stacks and further extensions.
INTERIOR: No.1 has moulded stamped plasterwork cornice;
flagstones; panelled doors and moulded doorcases; some crown
HISTORICAL NOTE: the plot was bought for development in 1809.
Listing NGR: SO9486345693
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings