History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Preston House

A Grade II Listed Building in Pershore, Worcestershire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1091 / 52°6'32"N

Longitude: -2.0765 / 2°4'35"W

OS Eastings: 394857

OS Northings: 245645

OS Grid: SO948456

Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.PV3

Mapcode Global: VH938.Y8L0

Entry Name: Preston House

Listing Date: 3 August 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1387049

English Heritage Legacy ID: 474465

Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Pershore

Built-Up Area: Pershore

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Pershore

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Pershore

Listing Text


SO9445
648-1/5/106
03/08/72

PERSHORE

DEFFORD ROAD
(West side)
Preston House

GV
II

House. Mid-late C18, remodelled c 1840. Red and yellow brick
in Flemish bond. Hipped Welsh-slate roof with deep eaves
soffit to left section; 3 brick stacks, to ridge, off-ridge,
and to right end.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys; 3 bays, that on left recessed. Central
window on each floor is tripartite having, on 2nd floor, 1/1
sashes; on 1st floor, 3/3:1/1:3/3 sashes; on ground floor,
2/2:6/1:2/2 sashes. Flanking windows on 2nd floor are 8/12
sashes, that on right with metal balcony, and on 1st floor
12/12 sashes. All have painted sills and, on lower floors,
painted channelled voussoirs and keystones. On ground floor to
left, wide doorcase with fluted pilasters, leaded entablature,
side-lights with coloured glass margin lights, and 4-panel
door.To right, tall gauged brick segmental archway, now glazed
and with narrow glazing bars.
Left return has further 12/12 sashes with narrow glazing bars.
To rear, 3-span roof, brick dentilled eaves and
horizontal-sliding sash.
INTERIOR: c1840 staircase, doors, doorcases, and window frames
with folding shutters.
Adjoins Abbey Place, and C20 ownership division of No.3 (qv)
extends into Preston House.
HISTORICAL NOTE: in the early C19 the two buildings comprised
a school with single-storey wash-house to left, the latter
raised to form the left bay of the existing house c1840.

Listing NGR: SO9485745645

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.