History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trinity Methodist Memorial Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3481 / 52°20'53"N

Longitude: -2.016 / 2°0'57"W

OS Eastings: 399006

OS Northings: 272228

OS Grid: SO990722

Mapcode National: GBR 2FT.M5D

Mapcode Global: VH9ZM.07KR

Plus Code: 9C4V8XXM+7H

Entry Name: Trinity Methodist Memorial Church

Listing Date: 18 January 2001

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1389140

English Heritage Legacy ID: 486734

Location: Lickey and Blackwell, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60

County: Worcestershire

District: Bromsgrove

Civil Parish: Lickey and Blackwell

Built-Up Area: Blackwell

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Lickey and Blackwell

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Barnt Green

Listing Text

BROMSGROVE

SO97SE BLACKWELL
666/5/10033 Trinity Methodist Memorial Church
18-JAN-01

II

Methodist church. 1882; by John Cotton of Bromsgrove; extended in 1901. Brick, faced in grey and red sandstone with freestone and red brick dressings. Clay plain tile roofs with gabled ends.
PLAN: Nave, chancel and tower on north side. In 1901 north and south transepts were added and a large vestry was built in the angle of the south transept and the chapel.
EXTERIOR: Lancets with brick hoodmoulds continued as stringcourse. 2-light transept lancets with oval window above; buttress between west lancets. 2-light east window with plate-tracery. Octagonal tower in angle with north transept with shield reliefs in top stage and with octagonal open timber belfry with short shingled spire. Circa late C19 glazed timber porch on north side.
INTERIOR: White-painted brick walls. 2-bay arcades to transepts and moulded 2-centred chancel arch. 5-bay nave roof with arch-braced trusses with pierced arcading above the collars. Collar-rafter chancel roof and moulded ribs to sanctuary roof. Wrought-iron altar rail. Polygonal panelled pulpit. Octagonal font on moulded stem. Original benches with shaped ends. Encaustic tiles in chancel. Stained glass windows in memory of Taylor family. Wall paintings on canvas depicting New Testament scenes, in chancel and sanctuary, by Bernard Sleigh, installed in 1913.
SOURCES: Crawford, A. Tour in North Worcestershire; Victorian Society.

Listing NGR: SO9900672228

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.