This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5029 / 51°30'10"N
Longitude: -0.0971 / 0°5'49"W
OS Eastings: 532173
OS Northings: 179933
OS Grid: TQ321799
Mapcode National: GBR QH.CF
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.8HJ7
Entry Name: Bollard
Listing Date: 12 February 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1390786
English Heritage Legacy ID: 491615
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Cathedrals
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Saviour with All Hallows Southwark
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
636-1/0/10064 GREAT GUILDFORD STREET
Bollard. Dated 1812. Cast iron cannon-shaped tapering bollard of which about two and a half feet are projecting above ground. There is a rounded cap and moulded band and near the top both front and back is the inscription "CLINK 1812". This suggests that it was originally erected in Clink Street, perhaps near the prison.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings