This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.2142 / 56°12'51"N
Longitude: -3.0466 / 3°2'47"W
OS Eastings: 335186
OS Northings: 702895
OS Grid: NO351028
Mapcode National: GBR 2F.DKHS
Mapcode Global: WH7SN.52HF
Entry Name: Kennoway Village, Cupar Road, Arnot Gospel Hall with Boundary Walls
Listing Date: 27 June 1973
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 342398
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB10004
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Leven, Kennoway and Largo
Traditional County: Fife
1800, reconstructed 1872, dated 1870. Simple rectangular-plan aisless church with 2-bay nave, pedimented gable and bellcote. Stugged, squared and snecked rubble with ashlar dressings, red sandstone rubble to sides and rear. Deep base and eaves courses. Round-headed openings, those to E hoodmoulded and keystoned; those to sides voussoired.
E (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: slightly advanced centre bay with steps up to 2-leaf timber door and 2-part semicircular fanlight, datestone above, and louvered roundel in gablehead; round-arched, ball-finialled, pilastered and pedimented bellcote.
S AND N ELEVATIONS: 2 tall windows.
W ELEVATION: small later hall.
6-pane glazing pattern with decoratively-astragalled fanlights to timber windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stack and ashlar-coped skews.
INTERIOR: good unspoiled interior with original gallery and pulpit.
BOUNDARY WALLS: coped rubble boundary walls.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such. Former Associate (Burgher) Church, named after the first minister Rev William Arnot, 1758-86. The congregation was formed in 1750, and built its first church in 1753. The Secessionists later joined with the United Presbyterian congregation in 1847, the United Free congregation in 1900 and the established church in 1929.
Other nearby listed buildings