This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.392 / 56°23'31"N
Longitude: -3.2122 / 3°12'43"W
OS Eastings: 325264
OS Northings: 722852
OS Grid: NO252228
Mapcode National: GBR 27.1B91
Mapcode Global: WH6QG.MLLP
Plus Code: 9C8R9QRQ+R4
Entry Name: (Sanfina Uk Ltd), Former Free Church, Church Lane, Errol
Listing Name: Errol Village, Church Lane, Former Free Church, (Sanfina Uk Ltd)
Listing Date: 9 June 1981
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 344187
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB11595
Building Class: Cultural
County: Perth and Kinross
Electoral Ward: Carse of Gowrie
Traditional County: Perthshire
1843. Carles Spence of Rait, builder. Understated Tudor gothic church with pyramidally-capped squat entrance tower and 4-bay aisled nave. Snecked rubble with stugged ashlar quoins. Band courses. Pointed-arch openings. Timber mullions and chamfered arrises.
N (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: finialled 2-stage tower to centre with broad hoodmoulded pointed-arch doorway and panelled timber door, clock in roundel above and band course giving way to low 2nd stage with 2 closely aligned louvered opening to N, E and W. Flanking piend-roofed aisles each with 2 square-headed 2-light traceried windows to lower (also piended) bays in re-entrants.
E (CHURCH LANE) ELEVATION: 2-light traceried window to each bay of 4-bay nave on ground falling steeply to S, penultimate bay to right with further small opening abutting base of window.
W (OLD CHURCHYARD) ELEVATION: as E elevation but all windows altered, that to left of centre blocked.
S ELEVATION: largely blank elevation with gable to centre and piended outer bays, that to left with small square basement window.
Plate glass glazing. Grey slates and corrugated-iron roof. Cast-iron downpipes, decorative rainwater hoppers to S.
INTERIOR: retains cast-iron columns.
Ecclesiastical building no longer in use as such. Formerly listed as Thomson's (Woodworkers) Ltd, (Former Free Church) Cowgate. Built by the Free Church Association, the foundation stone was laid on 15th August, 1843 by Charles Playfair of East Inchmichael. The building was officially opened on 10th December the same year.
Other nearby listed buildings