History in Structure

Glasite Meeting House, 33 Barony Street, Edinburgh

A Category A Listed Building in Edinburgh, Edinburgh

Uploader's Comments

The pulpit, designed by David Bryce, was installed in 1873. The Church of Christ had no central figure as minister. Services were led by elected elders and deacons. The pulpit was arranged with three seats: the deacons occupying the lowest seat with the precentor and reader above them and four elders on the top row. No baptisms, marriages or funerals were conducted as they were regarded as having no authority in Scripture.

Uploaded by kim.traynor on 4 October 2011

Photo ID: 26428
Building ID: 200363888
Report this photo

Photo Navigator

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.