History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bridge at Plas Gogerddan

A Grade II Listed Building in Trefeurig, Ceredigion

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4335 / 52°26'0"N

Longitude: -4.0181 / 4°1'5"W

OS Eastings: 262899

OS Northings: 283636

OS Grid: SN628836

Mapcode National: GBR 8V.MWW7

Mapcode Global: VH4FD.93NB

Plus Code: 9C4QCXMJ+9Q

Entry Name: Bridge at Plas Gogerddan

Listing Date: 21 January 1964

Last Amended: 31 January 2005

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 9858

Building Class: Transport

Location: Situated some 40 m W of Plas Gogerddan, spanning Nant Clarach

County: Ceredigion

Town: Aberystwyth

Community: Trefeurig

Community: Trefeurig

Locality: Penrhyncoch

Traditional County: Cardiganshire

Find accommodation in
Bow Street

History

Bridge over the Nant Clarach, said to date from 1743. Marked on 1836 estate map.

Exterior

Single-span rubble stone bridge with segmental arch of flush dressed stone voussoirs. Plain rubble stone parapets with flat coping. Chamfered corners to parapet ends.

Reasons for Listing

Included as a C18 stone bridge of group value with the mansion at Gogerddan.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Plas Gogerddan
    Situated roughly 2 km SW of Penrhyncoch opposite the main entrance to the I.G.E.R. centre, to which it belongs.
  • II Court Villa
    Situated on road side some 600m E of Plas Gogerddan, at the W end of a row of houses.
  • II Plas Gwyn
    Situated about 1 km E of Gogerddan, in own grounds on N side of road just W of Penrhyncoch.
  • II Milestone near Pont Rhyd-hir
    Situated on the E side of the A487 just S of the railway bridge at Pont Rhyd-hir.
  • II Peithyll
    Situated down drive running N from road leading E from the crossroads in Capel Dewi.
  • II Cambrian House
    Situated near the centre of the linear village of Bow Street, set back slightly on the E side of the A487.
  • II Penrhiw
    On the E side of the A487 towards upper end of Bow Street, opposite Maes Afallen estate, attached to Arwel to S.
  • II Church of Saint John the Divine
    Situated roughly in centre of village, between the school and the village hall.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.