This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8009 / 51°48'3"N
Longitude: -4.9686 / 4°58'7"W
OS Eastings: 195411
OS Northings: 215532
OS Grid: SM954155
Mapcode National: GBR CL.XL7F
Mapcode Global: VH1RD.TZNS
Entry Name: Hilltop
Listing Date: 1 July 1974
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 12125
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in terraced row Nos 27-33 Hill Lane.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Terraced house, probably early C19, possibly late C18, altered in late C19. The deeds refer to a sale in 1823 to Richard Evans, shoemaker, by J.T. Woodhouse and Henry Montresor of land sold in 1778 by John Rees Stokes to Arthur Owen (one of whose daughters married a Montresor). It is not clear if their was a building on the land in 1778 and the deeds after 1823 refer to three properties, probably Nos 27-31, and presumably built after 1823. The three houses remained owned by the Evans family until 1879 when sold to William Davies George. Subsequent owners were R.T. Hutchinson, Guy S. Haines 1926, Tabernacle Church from 1940. It was known in the earlier C20 as Glen House. The roofline is continuous with No 27, but floor heights different to both 27 and 31.
Terraced house, painted roughcast with slate roof, overhanging eaves, broken by two late C19 stuccoed gabled dormers. Red brick renewed left end stack. Two storeys with attic and basement, three bays. Plate-glass sash windows, two to dormers not aligned, three to first floor and two to ground floor with arched doorway to right. Two basement lights, one blank. Flight of 5 slate-topped steps to recessed 6-panel door with top four panels glazed, and fanlight with radiating bars. Late C19 moulded cornice above on console brackets.
Early C19 staircase with continuous rail and square balusters. Scrolled tread ends. Front room has delicate timber chimneypiece, probably early C19. Thick cornices probably late C19.
Included as a house with late Georgian origins and some good internal detailing.
Other nearby listed buildings