History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Telephone Call-box adjoining No 2

A Grade II Listed Building in Fishguard and Goodwick (Abergwaun ac Wdig), Pembrokeshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9957 / 51°59'44"N

Longitude: -4.9685 / 4°58'6"W

OS Eastings: 196306

OS Northings: 237189

OS Grid: SM963371

Mapcode National: GBR CL.JD7Y

Mapcode Global: VH1QM.T3QF

Plus Code: 9C3QX2WJ+7J

Entry Name: Telephone Call-box adjoining No 2

Listing Date: 15 July 1988

Last Amended: 7 January 2002

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 13048

Building Class: Communications

Location: Situated at the foot of Quay Street, beside the former chapel.

County: Pembrokeshire

Town: Fishguard

Community: Fishguard and Goodwick (Abergwaun ac Wdig)

Community: Fishguard and Goodwick

Locality: Lower Town

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Fishguard

History

Mid C20 telephone kiosk to the standard K6 design of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, introduced by the GPO in 1936.

Exterior

Telephone kiosk, red-painted cast-iron with wooden door. Horizontal glazing with marginal bars, shallow Soaneian domed roof over lunettes with embossed George VI crown over lettered glass panels.

Reasons for Listing

Included for heritage location in centre of Lower Town conservation area.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.