This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4871 / 51°29'13"N
Longitude: -3.2675 / 3°16'3"W
OS Eastings: 312087
OS Northings: 177221
OS Grid: ST120772
Mapcode National: GBR HT.KGT0
Mapcode Global: VH6F5.9WYC
Plus Code: 9C3RFPPJ+RX
Entry Name: Wall of the Churchyard of the Church of St Mary the Blessed Virgin with the attached War Memorial
Listing Date: 28 January 1963
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 13872
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: In the centre of St Fagans village.
Community: St. Fagans (Sain Ffagan)
Community: St. Fagans
Locality: St Fagans
Built-Up Area: St Fagans
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Probably late C19 but with later alterations and repairs. Lychgate incorporated in the wall in 1885 (qv) and War Memorial added in c1920.
Low stone rubble wall with roughly embattled coping but with rendered coping towards south end on south-west side of churchyard. The wall incorporates both the War Memorial, and the Lychgate (qv) and then curves round to follow Greenwood Lane where there is another small gate. The War Memorial dates from c1920 and is an unadorned design in unpolished granite with a plinth of three steps which carries an obelisk type shaft and a cross-head.
Included as a part of the important group of historic estate buildings at the centre of St. Fagans village.
Other nearby listed buildings