This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.537 / 51°32'13"N
Longitude: -3.1569 / 3°9'24"W
OS Eastings: 319859
OS Northings: 182649
OS Grid: ST198826
Mapcode National: GBR HZ.GDMR
Mapcode Global: VH6F1.7MGK
Plus Code: 9C3RGRPV+R7
Entry Name: Pant-teg (aka Panteg)
Listing Date: 6 October 1977
Last Amended: 12 May 2000
Source ID: 13935
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In a hollow by the stream Nant y Draenog, surrounded by farmland and reached by a track from B4562.
Locality: Maes y Felin
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Older unit of mid C17 date comprised hall and two inner rooms. Remodelled and extended probably C18/early C19; shown as T-shaped with long frontage on Tithe Map of 1846. Further refurbished and extended later C20. 2-light mullioned window in gable end referred to in original list description is no longer visible. St Mellons Road formerly known as Maes-y-felin Road.
Long farmhouse, a T-shaped plan comprising the main range, rear cross wing of same height extended, and a lower stepped back wing to left. Of stone with renewed cement render; stone tiled roof with low end stacks with flat cappings. Two storeys, 4 window range of 2/2 pane casements unevenly spaced, with painted brick sills, to first floor; at centre left the eaves are raised to form a tiny gablet over the window. Ground floor has 3/3 pane casements to right of central gabled porch, smaller to left. Porch has tall and narrow round-headed outer doorway, slits in side walls; main doorway is shouldered and has a boarded door. Stepped down to left is the lower range with single casement window under gablet to first floor and 2 below. Rear wing extended to right (W) has casements close to and either side of an external stack, larger to first floor. Left (E) elevation has external stack with former fireplace alcove to main range; side entrance in rear wing. Extending from building is a stone wall creating an enclosed front garden separating house from cartshed range to left (W).
Former hall retains chamfered open fireplace with bressummer, stone stairs beside, central beam with chamfers and broach stops and doorway with chamfered surround. Former inner room of this older unit, formerly used as a dairy, has deep splays to windows.
Listed, notwithstanding later extensions, for its architectural interest as a traditional farmhouse, sympathetically repaired and retaining most of its character.
Other nearby listed buildings