History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Angorfa

A Grade II Listed Building in Cilgerran, Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0551 / 52°3'18"N

Longitude: -4.6323 / 4°37'56"W

OS Eastings: 219617

OS Northings: 242909

OS Grid: SN196429

Mapcode National: GBR D0.DRNB

Mapcode Global: VH2MW.NLFW

Entry Name: Angorfa

Listing Date: 15 April 1994

Last Amended: 15 April 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 14496

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated on the street line adjoining the Post Office.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Cilgerran

Community: Cilgerran

Built-Up Area: Cilgerran

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Cilgerran

Exterior

Mid C19 house in squared coursed Cilgerran stone with concrete tiled roof and stone end stacks. Two-storey three-window range of hornless 12-pane sashes with painted stone voussoirs and keystones to cambered heads, and painted slate sills. Centre C20 door in painted doorcase, moulded architrave, thin panelled pilasters, paterae blocks at angles and shelf hood on brackets. C20 single-storey shop and Post Office attached on W end.

Front garden enclosed by low unpainted stucco walls with four cross-gabled capped piers and two horizontal iron bars with wide-set iron stanchions. Painted timber gate with fretwork top panel.

Reasons for Listing

Included as one of the least altered village houses with Cilgerran stone front.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Bronwydd House
    Situated on corner of road to Rhos Hill, at end of short terraced row.
  • II Dinsdale
    Situated on corner of road to Rhos Hill, at end of short terraced row.
  • II Oakleigh
    Situated E of the road to Rhos Hill, the third house in terraced row.
  • II Penuel Baptist Chapel
    Situated at W end of the village, W of junction with road to Rhos-hill. The chapel was built 1861-2 by John Evans of Cilgerran for ú750; the vestry in 1908-9 by W L Michael of Newcastle Emlyn for ú33
  • II Vestry and Forecourt Railings
    Situated at W end of the village, W of junction with road to Rhos-hill. The chapel was built 1861-2 by John Evans of Cilgerran for ú750; the vestry in 1908-9 by W L Michael of Newcastle Emlyn for ú33
  • II The Pendre Inn
    Situated at E end of street, some 100m E of Rhos Hill road.
  • II The Cardiff Arms Inn
    Situated at W end of High Street.
  • II Ty Melyn including Garden Wall and Gate
    Situated on SW side some 30m from junction with High Street.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.