History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bronwydd House

A Grade II Listed Building in Cilgerran, Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0547 / 52°3'17"N

Longitude: -4.632 / 4°37'55"W

OS Eastings: 219640

OS Northings: 242863

OS Grid: SN196428

Mapcode National: GBR D0.DRQN

Mapcode Global: VH2MW.NMM6

Entry Name: Bronwydd House

Listing Date: 15 April 1994

Last Amended: 15 April 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 14500

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated on corner of road to Rhos Hill, at end of short terraced row.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Cilgerran

Community: Cilgerran

Built-Up Area: Cilgerran

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Cilgerran

Exterior

Mid C19 pair of houses in coursed Cilgerran stone with slate roof and red brick right hand stack. Two storeys, four-window range, sashes with slightly narrower side panes. Four 12-pane sashes above, door, 16-pane, door and 16-pane sash below. Cambered heads with painted cut stone recessed voussoirs and keystones. Painted slate sills. Door to Dinsdale has 6-panel door and small-paned overlight, door to Bronwydd House is earlier C20 with overlight.

Reasons for Listing

Included, with Oakleigh, as part of the best surviving group of little altered houses in Cilgerran stone, with original windows.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Dinsdale
    Situated on corner of road to Rhos Hill, at end of short terraced row.
  • II Oakleigh
    Situated E of the road to Rhos Hill, the third house in terraced row.
  • II Penuel Baptist Chapel
    Situated at W end of the village, W of junction with road to Rhos-hill. The chapel was built 1861-2 by John Evans of Cilgerran for ú750; the vestry in 1908-9 by W L Michael of Newcastle Emlyn for ú33
  • II Vestry and Forecourt Railings
    Situated at W end of the village, W of junction with road to Rhos-hill. The chapel was built 1861-2 by John Evans of Cilgerran for ú750; the vestry in 1908-9 by W L Michael of Newcastle Emlyn for ú33
  • II Angorfa
    Situated on the street line adjoining the Post Office.
  • II The Pendre Inn
    Situated at E end of street, some 100m E of Rhos Hill road.
  • II The Cardiff Arms Inn
    Situated at W end of High Street.
  • II Ty Melyn including Garden Wall and Gate
    Situated on SW side some 30m from junction with High Street.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.