History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Pendre Inn

A Grade II Listed Building in Cilgerran, Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0544 / 52°3'15"N

Longitude: -4.6308 / 4°37'50"W

OS Eastings: 219717

OS Northings: 242824

OS Grid: SN197428

Mapcode National: GBR D1.DL0V

Mapcode Global: VH2MW.PM7G

Entry Name: The Pendre Inn

Listing Date: 15 April 1994

Last Amended: 15 April 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 14503

Building Class: Commercial

Location: Situated at E end of street, some 100m E of Rhos Hill road.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Cilgerran

Community: Cilgerran

Built-Up Area: Cilgerran

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Cilgerran

Exterior

C18 inn, possibly earlier, whitewashed rubble stone with imitation slate roof and brick stacks. One and a half storeys. L-plan with projecting gable to right, brick end stacks and ridge stack and W end lean-to. Gable has 12-pane sash each floor with timber lintel and hornless sash to lower window and stone voussoirs and horned sash above. To left, painted brick porch and 12-pane sash to ground floor, projecting slate shelf course at lintel level, and first floor pair of 12-pane sashes breaking eaves under flat dormer. E end service range with brick E stack, slightly lower roof line and 12-pane sash over large casement pair with timber lintel. Outshut rear to main part.

Interior

Porch gives into room behind main stack, former E fireplace removed for access into service range. W room has timber-lintel E side fireplace and some rough joists. Two W side doors into lean-to and a third added.

Reasons for Listing

Vernacular public house of substantial picturesque character.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Vestry and Forecourt Railings
    Situated at W end of the village, W of junction with road to Rhos-hill. The chapel was built 1861-2 by John Evans of Cilgerran for ú750; the vestry in 1908-9 by W L Michael of Newcastle Emlyn for ú33
  • II Penuel Baptist Chapel
    Situated at W end of the village, W of junction with road to Rhos-hill. The chapel was built 1861-2 by John Evans of Cilgerran for ú750; the vestry in 1908-9 by W L Michael of Newcastle Emlyn for ú33
  • II Oakleigh
    Situated E of the road to Rhos Hill, the third house in terraced row.
  • II Dinsdale
    Situated on corner of road to Rhos Hill, at end of short terraced row.
  • II Bronwydd House
    Situated on corner of road to Rhos Hill, at end of short terraced row.
  • II Angorfa
    Situated on the street line adjoining the Post Office.
  • II The Cardiff Arms Inn
    Situated at W end of High Street.
  • II Ty Melyn including Garden Wall and Gate
    Situated on SW side some 30m from junction with High Street.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.