This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.0487 / 52°2'55"N
Longitude: -4.6247 / 4°37'29"W
OS Eastings: 220112
OS Northings: 242174
OS Grid: SN201421
Mapcode National: GBR D1.F1HV
Mapcode Global: VH2MW.SRGV
Plus Code: 9C4Q29XG+F4
Entry Name: Alltyrheini
Listing Date: 15 April 1994
Last Amended: 15 April 1994
Source ID: 14517
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on S side of Dyfan valley, down drive running E off Cilgerran-Rhos Hill road from point some 700m S of village.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
House was called Penrallt-treiny and was owned by the Garnons family from C16 to mid C18, passing to Williams Phillips of Fagwr Einion, Monington. His son William Phillips (d.1803) and his brother Major John Phillips (d.1848), when the estate passed to a nephew, William E Williams. The Rhieni or Treni suffix has been associated with the name on the C6 or C7 inscribed stone in Cilgerran churchyard.
Earlier and later C19 small country house, stuccoed front with slate roof and three stone stacks. Two-storey five-window range, with bracketted eaves and moulded architraves to windows. The earlier part is the three-window range to left, possibly reroofed and with the entrance moved when the rest was added. 12-pane sashes generally, but fourth bay has two-storey late C19 canted bay-window with plate glass sashes and third bay has 6-panel door with fanlight in late C19 stucco porch, the arch refaced in slate. Rear of older part has pointed stair-light with cut-stone voussoirs at landing level (now door) and two 12-pane sashes breaking eaves under dormer gables, and one small 6-pane window under eaves. 12-pane first floor sash with stone voussoirs to right. In angle to added rear wing basement and first floor 12-pane windows with stone voussoirs and casement pair above. Large rear wing with 2-window range of 12-pane sashes to attic and first floor, three to ground floor. Stone voussoirs and keystones. E side-wall stone stack. E end gable of main range has two attic 12-pane windows and one to first floor right and ground floor door, 6-panel fielded with traceried overlight. C20 conservatory.
Inner door half-glazed with fanlight, stick baluster stairs, 6-panel doors. SW room has reeded ceiling border with corner rosettes.
Other nearby listed buildings