History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tanybryn

A Grade II Listed Building in Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0159 / 52°0'57"N

Longitude: -4.8896 / 4°53'22"W

OS Eastings: 201807

OS Northings: 239212

OS Grid: SN018392

Mapcode National: GBR CP.H1V4

Mapcode Global: VH1QH.6LDH

Entry Name: Tanybryn

Listing Date: 17 November 1994

Last Amended: 17 November 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 14940

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated on E side of lane from Dinas Cross to Cwym-yr-Eglwys, some 0.5km N of Dinas Cross.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Dinas Cross (Dinas)

Community: Dinas Cross

Built-Up Area: Dinas Cross

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Dinas

History

Earlier C19 farmhouse, probably replacing single-storey house, now outbuilding to N.

Exterior

Whitewashed rubble stone with imitation slate roof and stone end stacks. Two-storey three-window range of hornless 12-pane sashes, under eaves above, larger below with centre door and 4-panel door with overlight. Stone voussoirs to ground floor partly replaced in brick. Painted slate sills. Single-storey rendered addition to S. Single-storey whitewashed rubble stone former cottage to N with asbestos roof. Window, door and window to front, timber lintel to door, brick renewed heads to windows. Outshut rear of house with catslide roof over eaves-breaking stair-window and added 2-storey later C19 SE rear wing, said to be dated JLS 1886 on beam.

Reasons for Listing

Included as little altered example of earlier C19 House, marked 1841 Tithe Map.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II The Cross
    Situated in short terrace of five, some 100m W of Gedeon Chapel.
  • II Gedeon Independent Chapel
    Situated on bank above main road, facing W, opposite land Cwm-yr-Eglwys.
  • II Castle Green including Front Railings
    Situated in third terraced row from E, between Trefonnen and 2 Castle Green.
  • II Ty Cambria
    Situated on road to Brynhenllan, some 100m N of 487.
  • II Glanymor
    Situated on roadside, some 400m E of Gedeon Chapel.
  • II Limekiln on Aberfforest Beach
    Situated by beach some 150m N of Fforest farm, which is approached by long track running N off A487 Fishguard road near boundary with Dinas community.
  • II Hafod Llwyd
    Situated just SW of Brynhenllan crossroads, on N side of lane to Bwlchmawr.
  • II Brynhenllan Cottage
    Situated in centre of village, facing E, at end of short row.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.