A Grade II Listed Building in Nercwys, Flintshire
Latitude: 53.1235 / 53°7'24"N
Longitude: -3.1366 / 3°8'11"W
OS Eastings: 324039
OS Northings: 359085
OS Grid: SJ240590
Mapcode National: GBR 70.76KS
Mapcode Global: WH77C.SRL9
Plus Code: 9C5R4VF7+C9
Entry Name: Pont Terrig
Listing Date: 12 December 1994
Last Amended: 12 December 1994
Source ID: 15246
Building Class: Transport
Location: Road bridge over the River Terrig at the boundary between the Nercwys and Treuddyn Community Council areas.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Late C18/early C19 single-span rubble bridge.
Wide arch with projecting dressed stone voussoirs and a plain string-course. Stone coping to rubble parapets with swept returns on both sides, terminating in butresses. The parapet has C19 and early C20 incised drawings and graffiti.
Reasons for Listing
Included as a good well-proportioned period bridge.
Other nearby listed buildings
Glan Terrig Farmhouse
To the SE of Nercwys village. Situated off Ffordd Nercwys to the E facing its own farmyard.
Plas Nant y Glyn (excluding C20 W Range)
Located at the end of a long track to the L of a lane leading off Ffordd Nercwys to the E, at the S extremity of the community council area.
Located on the north-west side of a lane which connects Ffordd Nercwys and Ffordd Carreg-y-Llech.
Barn at Plas Ucha Farm
Immediately to the W of the farmhouse forming the S side of the farmyard.
Plas Ucha Farmhouse
To the S of Nercwys village. Located on the S side of a lane leading off to the W at the lower end of Fordd Nercwys, and set back behind a dwarf-walled front garden.
C18 Gates and Gate-Piers in the Garden at Nerquis Hall
To the S of the House, at the end of the formal, yew-hedged lawn.
Orangery at Nerquis Hall
To the W of Nerquis Hall at the end of an orchard, and close to the road.
To the E of a subsidiary road leading from Mold to Treuddyn, approached via a tree-lined drive and facing a large forecourt.