Sundial opposite S porch at church of St Trunio
A Grade II Listed Building in Llandrinio, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.7466 / 52°44'47"N
Longitude: -3.045 / 3°2'41"W
OS Eastings: 329555
OS Northings: 317066
OS Grid: SJ295170
Mapcode National: GBR B4.0305
Mapcode Global: WH8BH.6786
Entry Name: Sundial opposite S porch at church of St Trunio
Listing Date: 29 December 1994
Last Amended: 29 December 1994
Source ID: 15400
Building Class: Gardens, Parks and Urban Spaces
Location: Sundial located against south boundary of churchyard.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Sundial. c.1825. limestone. Raised on two square steps. A monolithic fluted shaft on a square die with recessed panels, and three small offsets at base. Top replaced in concrete, with brass gnomon, inscribed to Edward Williams and Edward Vaughan, 1825.
Other nearby listed buildings
Church of St Trunio
Located on S side of road, at centre of village, within its large churchyard.
Old School Room
Set in the churchyard against the main road.
The farmhouse lies back from the road, with its farmyard on W side.
House close to NW of Llandrinio Bridge
The house lies close to the road crossing of the River Severn, at a lower level than the approaching causeway.
Partly within the community area of Bausley with Crigion. The bridge provides a crossing for the Llanfyllin to Shrewsbury Road over the River Severn, superceding a ford a little to the north.
Llandrinio Bridge (partly in Llandrinio community)
The bridge provides a crossing for the Llanfyllin to Shrewsbury Road over the River Severn, superceding a ford a little to the north.
The house lies 600m W of the parish church, at the end of the an avenue of trees planted c.1920.
Outbuildings, formerly of Llandrinio Hall
A group of farm buildings and walls immediately SW of Llandrinio Hall standing well back from the road.