This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.6424 / 52°38'32"N
Longitude: -3.1496 / 3°8'58"W
OS Eastings: 322312
OS Northings: 305579
OS Grid: SJ223055
Mapcode National: GBR B0.6M7V
Mapcode Global: WH79P.LVF5
Plus Code: 9C4RJVR2+W5
Entry Name: Coed-y-dinas Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 February 1996
Last Amended: 29 February 1996
Source ID: 16755
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Between the Welshpool by-pass and the main road into Welshpool from the S, and approached via a drive which leaves the Welshpool road S of the Powis
Community: Welshpool (Y Trallwng)
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
History: The farmhouse has been built in several phases over the late C18-early C19 period, but may include an earlier core (there are documentary references to a house here as early as 1720).
Exterior: The building comprises a main range facing S, with a short parallel rear wing, and a cross wing to the W, previously housing servants accommodation, dairy and cheese room. The main range is Flemish Bond brickwork, and the cross wing is local sandstone rubble. Slate roofs renewed with concrete tile on main range and cross wing. Main S range is a 3 storeyed, 4-window range, with central entrance: a 6- panelled door in timber gabled porch with stepped profile, flanked by 16-pane sash windows with single ring cambered brick heads to the right and inserted window to the left. Upper windows are 3-light casements, with single ring cambered heads to first floor. Dentilled eaves cornice. Stone cross range adjoins to the left: Lean-to wooden porch to ground floor, the elevation blind above. Brick dentilled eaves band Parallel rear range is 2-storeyed, with hipped roof with axial stacks. Flat arched gauged brick heads to iron small paned casement windows (4 to ground floor, 34 above). Hipped roofed porch in the rear of the main range, in the angle with the projecting cross range: this is stone, with casement windows of 2 and 3-lights with cambered voussoir heads. Brick dentilled eaves cornice, matching that of the main range.
A substantial late C18-early C19 farmhouse which forms part of an important group with its C19 farmbuildings.
References: Glansevin Papers in National Library of Wales (Ref. 2460).
Other nearby listed buildings