A Grade II Listed Building in Glasbury, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.0586 / 52°3'30"N
Longitude: -3.1952 / 3°11'42"W
OS Eastings: 318151
OS Northings: 240697
OS Grid: SO181406
Mapcode National: GBR YY.DG2M
Mapcode Global: VH6BH.KJP7
Plus Code: 9C4R3R53+CW
Entry Name: Milestone
Listing Date: 18 January 1996
Last Amended: 18 January 1996
Source ID: 17223
Building Class: Transport
Location: Located to the north-east of Glan-hen-Wye in the verge of the road, on a gentle bend.
Community: Glasbury (Y Clas-ar-wy)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
c.1830 A round topped fine sandstone pillar with tooled edge, later painted, bearing incised lettering in sans-serif capitals reading, around top HEREFORD, and below, 24/ MILES - GLASBURY / 1 / MILE
Reasons for Listing
Included as a relic of the turnpike organisation of the main road in the early C19.
Other nearby listed buildings
Stables and Coachhouse at Glan Hen Wye
Located on the E side of the road from the A,.438 Brecon to Hereford Road, approximately 200m from the junction. The stables and coach-houses lie to the rear of the house, on the NE side.
Gate piers, gates and screen to the E drive of Maesllwch Castle
Located at a bend of the minor road leading off the Brecon to Hereford Road to Ffynnon Gynnydd.
East Lodge to Maesllwch Castle
Located at a bend of the minor road leading off the Brecon to Hereford Road to Ffynnon Gynnydd. The lodge stands just within the gates, on the N side of the driveway.
Glan Hen Wye
Located on the E side and close to the junction of the road leading off the A.438 to Ffynnon Gynnydd, opposite the eastern driveway to Maesllwch Castle.
Bryn-yr-hydd lies prominently on a bend on the small road leading from the A.438 N of Glasbury to Bryn-yr-hydd farm and, beyond the brow of the hill, Bryn-yr-hydd Common, from there are wide views ove
Barn at Bryn-yr-hydd farm
Bryn-yr-hydd farm lies at the end of the small road leading off the A.438 N of Glasbury, on the brow of the hill below Bryn-yr-hydd Common. The barn forms the SW side of the elongated farmyard in fron
Bryn-yr-hydd farm lies at the end of the small road leading off the A.438 N of Glasbury, on the brow of the hill below Bryn-yr-hydd Common. The farmhouse stands at the higher NW end on the elongated f
Maesyronnen United Reformed Chapel
The chapel and adjoining cottage lie at the end of a lane off the road from the A.438 Hereford to Brecon Road to Ffynnon Gynnydd, near the top of a steep bank and overlooking the Cilcenni Dingle.