This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.113 / 53°6'46"N
Longitude: -3.1274 / 3°7'38"W
OS Eastings: 324630
OS Northings: 357903
OS Grid: SJ246579
Mapcode National: GBR 70.7W8G
Mapcode Global: WH77K.X0XV
Entry Name: Former School Room at Jerusalem Chapel
Listing Date: 1 April 1998
Last Amended: 1 April 1998
Source ID: 19650
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: The former school room is located immediately at right angles to the Jerusalem Chapel on Ffordd-y-Rhos, and within its curtilage.
Built-Up Area: Treuddyn
Traditional County: Flintshire
Dated 1885 and originally constructed as a School Room for the Jerusalem Chapel; this work was possibly a rebuilding of an earlier schoolroom. Adapted to further uses subsequently, including the Annual Treuddyn Eisteddfod.
Rectangular single-storey former school room constructed of dark, lightly diapered, brick under a slate roof. The gabled main front facing across the chapel forecourt has camber-headed openings with voussoirs and a central datestone inscribed 1885. Broad central entrance with margin-glazed fanlight over panelled double-doors; narrower eight-paned wooden windows to either side, unusually retaining the fittings of the pay-booths to the bottom. Three-window side elevations.
Largely unaltered main room with smaller room to rear with quarry tiled floor, fireplace, and copper.
Listed for group value with the adjacent Jerusalem Chapel.
Other nearby listed buildings