Milestone NW of Caepandy Farm
A Grade II Listed Building in Cilmery, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.1492 / 52°8'57"N
Longitude: -3.4295 / 3°25'46"W
OS Eastings: 302288
OS Northings: 251069
OS Grid: SO022510
Mapcode National: GBR YM.6PZJ
Mapcode Global: VH69Z.H7TQ
Entry Name: Milestone NW of Caepandy Farm
Listing Date: 21 December 2000
Last Amended: 21 December 2000
Source ID: 24480
Building Class: Communications
Location: Approximately 0.8km W of Irfon bridge.
Community: Cilmery (Cilmeri)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Erected in the third quarter of the C18 when the 6-mile (9.7km) road between Builth and Garth was turnpiked.
A milestone of dressed masonry with segmental top, painted white with engraved letters painted black: Builth 1.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as one of a complete set of 6 milestones between Builth and Garth in Cilmery and Treflys communities.
Other nearby listed buildings
Situated at the end of a drive off a minor road some 1km W of Builth Wells, just S of the Afon Irfon.
Caerberis Manor Hotel
Situated within an enclosing loop of the River Irfon 1km SW of Builth Wells town centre and reached by private road S of the A483 immediately W of Irfon Bridge.
Immediately W of Irfon Bridge and opposite the entrance drive to Caerberis Manor. Set back behind the parapet wall of Irfon Bridge.
Sign Post at The Rocks
Situated at the junction of minor roads some 1km W of Builth Wells.
Builth Golf Club House
Approximately 300m N of Irfon bridge.
Spring House at Park Wells
Park Wells is 1.5km NW of the centre of Builth Wells and is reached by private drive W of Golf Links Road. The spring house is S of the main house.
Pump Room at Park Wells
Park Wells is 1.5km NW of the centre of Builth Wells and is reached by private drive W of Golf Links Road. The pump room is SW of the house.
Late eighteenth century farmhouse with earlier eighteenth century origins.
Formerly known as 'Ystrad' as recorded on 1842 Tithe Map. Operated as farm until 1880's.