History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn at Llandanwg

A Grade II Listed Building in Llanfair, Gwynedd

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.843 / 52°50'34"N

Longitude: -4.1187 / 4°7'7"W

OS Eastings: 257398

OS Northings: 329378

OS Grid: SH573293

Mapcode National: GBR 5Q.SVB0

Mapcode Global: WH55Z.PSXW

Entry Name: Barn at Llandanwg

Listing Date: 23 May 2003

Last Amended: 23 May 2003

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 81073

Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence

Location: Set at the NNW side of the road leading SW off the A496 to Llandanwg; the barn is close to the junction with the A496 and directly SW of an associated hammel.

County: Gwynedd

Community: Llanfair

Community: Llanfair

Locality: Llandanwg

Built-Up Area: Harlech

Traditional County: Merionethshire

Find accommodation in
Llanfair

History

C18 or early C19 field barn. Shown on the tithe map of the parish, 1842, as part of Llanfair Ucha, owned and occupied by Jane Humphreys.

Exterior

Field barn built of boulder construction; slate roof with tiled ridge and stone copings. There is a single doorway in the SW gable and a pitching hole set in the NE gable apex.

Interior

Interior not inspected at the time of the survey.

Reasons for Listing

Listed as a good, well preserved field barn of characteristic regional type. Forms a group with the adjacent hammel and yard.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Hammel at Llandanwg
    Set at the NNW side of the road leading SW off the A496 to Llandanwg; the barn is close to the junction with the A496 and directly NE of an associated barn.
  • II Tan y Buarth and Prysg
    Set alongside the W side of the road leading up the hill N out of the village of Llanfair; just to N of the turn off to the Pant-yr-onnen estate.
  • II Ty Mawr
    Set at the NE side of the main road through the village of Llanfair which forms a loop off the A496. Ty Mawr is to L of the entrance to the Church of St Mary.
  • II Sundial at the Church of St Mary
    Within the churchyard to NE of the main road through the village of Llanfair which forms a loop off the A496. The sundial is sited to the W of the church.
  • II* Church of St Mary
    Within the churchyard to NE of the main road through the village of Llanfair which forms a loop off the A496.
  • II Ty'n Llan
    Set at the NE side of the main road through the village of Llanfair which forms a loop off the A496. Tyn Llan is to R of the entrance to the Church of St Mary.
  • II Outbuilding to rear of Ty'n Llan
    Set back from the NE side of the main road through the village of Llanfair which forms a loop off the A496. Ty'n Llan is to R of the entrance to the Church of St Mary, the outbuilding in the yard to
  • II Small animal shed at Groes Las
    Alongside the cowshed, at right angles to it and built against rising ground.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.