This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9248 / 52°55'29"N
Longitude: -4.1312 / 4°7'52"W
OS Eastings: 256830
OS Northings: 338505
OS Grid: SH568385
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.MYR7
Mapcode Global: WH55L.JR04
Plus Code: 9C4QWVF9+WG
Entry Name: Y Llong (The Ship) public house
Listing Date: 26 September 2005
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85411
Location: In a terrace fronting the street opposite The Park.
Built-Up Area: Porthmadog
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
A public house built in the 2nd quarter of the C19 and shown on the 1842 Tithe map, 1871 Tremadog estate plan and 1888 Ordnance Survey. It was known as the Ship as early as 1844.
A symmetrical 2-storey 3-window public house of large slate-stone blocks laid in regular courses, slate roof with 3 skylights, and stone end stacks. The central entrance has a simple portico with cast iron posts, bracketed cornice, and replacement fielded panel door. Windows are 4-pane sashes on stone sills, incorporating leaded glazing in the lower storey.
The rear has replacement doors and windows and a lower gabled wing.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a well-preserved C19 public house notable for its distinctive use of local stone and retaining definite character close to the commercial centre of the port of Porthmadog.
Other nearby listed buildings