This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5732 / 51°34'23"N
Longitude: -0.3366 / 0°20'11"W
OS Eastings: 515374
OS Northings: 187350
OS Grid: TQ153873
Mapcode National: GBR 63.HV5
Mapcode Global: VHGQH.3QXB
Plus Code: 9C3XHMF7+79
Entry Name: Harrow School Chapel
Listing Date: 9 July 1968
Last Amended: 25 May 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079728
English Heritage Legacy ID: 202067
Location: Harrow, London, HA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Harrow on the Hill
Built-Up Area: Harrow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Harrow-on-the-Hill
Church of England Diocese: London
Harrow School Chapel
(formerly listed as
TQ 1587 SW 16/16 9.7.68
1854-57, by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Knapped flint and ashlar walls. In decorated
Gothic and early English styles. Front of 2 large and differing gables. Nave,
chancel, wide south aisle and narrow north aisle, north and south chapels.
Transepts and porches by Sir Aston Webb (1902). Small spine over west end of roof
(1865). Tall interior with pentagonal apse. Dummy arcades below windows on north
and east. Crypt chapel. Vaughan Memorial by Onslow Ford; reredos by Sir A Blomfield.
Stained glass chiefly 1857-61 (E Labords, Harrow School).
Listing NGR: TQ1537487350
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings