This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2021 / 53°12'7"N
Longitude: -1.4269 / 1°25'36"W
OS Eastings: 438376
OS Northings: 367373
OS Grid: SK383673
Mapcode National: GBR 69N.62K
Mapcode Global: WHDFH.1SS3
Entry Name: Estate House, Cedar End and North Side
Listing Date: 31 January 1967
Last Amended: 30 August 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116678
English Heritage Legacy ID: 393549
Location: Wingerworth, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S42
District: North East Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Wingerworth
Built-Up Area: Wingerworth
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Wingerworth All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/08/2018
WINGERWORTH HALL ESTATE
Estate House, Cedar End and Northside
(Formerly listed as Estate House and Cedar End, LONGEDGE LANE, previously listed as: WINGERWORTH PARK Estate House, North Side, The Hollies, The Yews, East View)
Part of country house, now flats. One of two surviving service wings of Wingerworth Hall, which was completed in 1729 and demolished 1924-1927, and was possibly by Francis Smith of Warwick.
South facade of gritstone ashlar, with squared coursed Coal Measures Sandstone with ashlar dressings used for the sides and rear. Leaded roof behind parapet. Two ashlar
chimney caps visible. The main part of the south facade is of two storeys and seven bays, with chamfered quoins and with a plain band below a parapet with coping. The windows are glazing bar sashes in architraves with bracketed sills.
The ground-floor windows have round heads with keystones and impost blocks. The central window on the ground floor was formerly a doorway and has a rusticated surround. The present doorway, to its right, was formerly a window: the sill has been lowered and external stone steps added. Set back to the left is a lower two-storey two-bay wing in a similar style, said to be built in the 1920s re-using C18 stonework. It has glazing bar sash windows, and in its right-hand bay there is a partly glazed door within an architrave. The east wall is of three bays and has mullioned and transomed cross windows with architraves, except for the outer bay on the ground floor where mullions and transoms have been removed. The windows of the left-hand bay are blind. The north wall has two bays at the left projecting forwards. To the right are four bays with a doorway in their left-hand bay. The windows have architraves. On the ground floor there are C20 casements, but the first floor windows retain their mullions and transoms. The door is of six raised and fielded panels with an overlight and the architrave has a keystone.
Listing NGR: SK3837667373
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings