This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2023 / 53°12'8"N
Longitude: -1.4271 / 1°25'37"W
OS Eastings: 438364
OS Northings: 367398
OS Grid: SK383673
Mapcode National: GBR 69N.608
Mapcode Global: WHDFH.1RPX
Entry Name: The Yews, The Hollies, and East View
Listing Date: 31 January 1967
Last Amended: 30 August 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116681
English Heritage Legacy ID: 393551
Location: Wingerworth, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S42
District: North East Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Wingerworth
Built-Up Area: Wingerworth
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Wingerworth All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/08/2018
WINGERWORTH HALL ESTATE
The Yews, The Hollies, and East View
(Formerly listed as The Yews, The Hollies, and East View, LONGEDGE LANE, previously Listed as: WINGERWORTH PARK Estate House, North Side, The Hollies, The Yews, East View)
Part of country house, now flats. One of two surviving service wings of Wingerworth Hall, which was completed in 1729, demolished in 1924-1927, and was possibly by Francis Smith of Warwick. Gritstone ashlar and squared coursed Coal Measures Sandstone with ashlar dressings, with chamfered quoins and with a plain band below a coped parapet.
The east front is of two storeys and four bays and has cross windows with architraves. In the left-hand bay an inserted ground-floor window opening cuts through the earlier surround. The surround of the second window on the ground floor appears to be a reconstruction, and in the right-hand bay a doorway is cut through below the transom of a window surround. The south wall is of four bays, with two further bays at the right projecting forwards.The windows have architraves, mullions, and transoms. The fourth bay contains a doorway with a keystone and a door of six raised and fielded panels. The right-hand window of the projecting bays was formerly a doorway and has an architrave with keystone. The north wall has two bays with cross windows at the left, and four further bays to the right.
Listing NGR: SK3836467398
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings