History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Market House

A Grade II Listed Building in Audlem, Cheshire East

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9889 / 52°59'20"N

Longitude: -2.5081 / 2°30'29"W

OS Eastings: 365985

OS Northings: 343627

OS Grid: SJ659436

Mapcode National: GBR 7T.HP8J

Mapcode Global: WH9BQ.F4WG

Entry Name: The Market House

Listing Date: 10 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1138525

English Heritage Legacy ID: 57042

Location: Audlem, Cheshire East, CW3

County: Cheshire East

Civil Parish: Audlem

Built-Up Area: Audlem

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Audlem St James the Great

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Audlem

Listing Text

SJ 64 SE
8/17

AUDLEM C.P.
STAFFORD STREET
The Market House

10-6-52

GV II

Market Hall. Early C18. Ashlar piers with a plain tile roof. Two rows of 4 Tuscan pillars with renewed capitals. Renewed flooring of 'crazy paving'. Central pedimental gable to centre of side facing the market square.


Listing NGR: SJ6598543627

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.