This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5358 / 54°32'8"N
Longitude: -1.0494 / 1°2'57"W
OS Eastings: 461604
OS Northings: 516032
OS Grid: NZ616160
Mapcode National: GBR PH3Z.LT
Mapcode Global: WHF8D.V8G3
Plus Code: 9C6WGXP2+86
Entry Name: Priory Dovecote, to West of St Mary's Priory Ruins
Listing Date: 14 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139766
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59927
Location: Guisborough, Redcar and Cleveland, TS14
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Civil Parish: Guisborough
Built-Up Area: Guisborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Guisborough St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ6116 GUISBOROUGH CHURCH STREET
(OFF SOUTH SIDE)
7/59 Priory Dovecote,
14.6.52 to W. of St.
Dovecote, now a garden store. C14, Dressed sandstone; mid C18
pyramidal Welsh slate roof with lead-roll ridges and leaded, ogee
roofed, open sided timber cupola, with weather vane finial.
Octagonal. 2 storeys. Drip mould between floors. Equilateral
headed doorway to S. elevation; vertically boarded door. Lancet
windows to. first floor. Blocked segmental-headed openings to E.
& W. elevations; lancet opening to N. elevation. Timber nesting
boxes have been removed.
Listing NGR: NZ6160416034
Other nearby listed buildings