History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Nancarrow

A Grade II Listed Building in St. Michael Penkevil, Cornwall

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2322 / 50°13'56"N

Longitude: -4.997 / 4°59'49"W

OS Eastings: 186359

OS Northings: 41214

OS Grid: SW863412

Mapcode National: GBR ZJ.MJM5

Mapcode Global: FRA 08FD.T8P

Entry Name: Nancarrow

Listing Date: 27 November 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1141071

English Heritage Legacy ID: 62912

Location: St. Michael Penkevil, Cornwall, TR2

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: St. Michael Penkevil

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Michael Penkevel

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Philleigh

Listing Text

In the entry for

SW 84 SE ST MICHAEL PENKIVEL TREGOTHNAN PARK

4/74 Nancarrow

The whole description shall be amended to read -

Model home farm for a great estate. Circa 1855. Slate rubble with granite
quoins and dressings, slate roofs, some replaced with corrugated aluminium
sheeting. Four separate blocks with granary on north. Slightly higher centre
set slightly forward possibly with heavy horses under. Five bay implement sheds
on either side with segmental arches, these covered by aluminium sheeting for
internally enlarged granary. Two central animal houses each with three parallel
roofs gabled at ends, the central gable with tall pointed arch. South range
lower, original use not known. Most openings with dressed segmental arches.
The visual effect of the gables both along the outsides and down the central
corridor is very striking. A well preserved example of an estate model farm.
The Dutch barn immediately to the north is not of special interest.

------------------------------------

SW 84 SE ST MICHAEL PENKIVEL TREGOTHNAN PARK

4/74 Nancarrow

II

Model home farm for a great estate. Circa 1855. Slate rubble with granite quoins
and dressings, slate roofs, some replaced with corrugated steel sheeting. Four
separate blocks with granary on north. Slightly higher centre set slightly forward
possibly with heavy horsesunder. Five bay implement sheds on either side with
segmental arches, these covered by steel sheeting for internally enlarged granary.
Two central cowhouses each with three parallel roofs gabled at ends, the central
gable with tall pointed arch. South range lower, original use not known. Most
openings with dressed segmental arches. The visual effect of the gables both along
the outsides and down the central corridor is very striking. A well preserved
example of an estate model farm. The Dutch Barn immediately to the north is not of
special interest.


Listing NGR: SW8635941214

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.