This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.2183 / 50°13'5"N
Longitude: -5.4784 / 5°28'42"W
OS Eastings: 151962
OS Northings: 41151
OS Grid: SW519411
Mapcode National: GBR DXV3.HD4
Mapcode Global: VH12F.0S51
Entry Name: St Nicholas's Chapel, the Island
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143384
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68912
Location: St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: St. Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Ives
Church of England Diocese: Truro
St Nicholas's Chapel,s
1. The Island
SW 54 SW 3/7 4.6.52.
Small medieval chapel, probably C14, destroyed in the late C19. and since
restored as near the original as possible. It is a small and simple granite
rubble building slurried slate roof with gable ends, plain square headed
windows. Although not an original building it is well sitde and shows
what the medieval Cornish chapels were like (Interior now renovated in
character as Cornish chapel).
Listing NGR: SW5196241151
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings