This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1789 / 50°10'44"N
Longitude: -5.5997 / 5°35'58"W
OS Eastings: 143100
OS Northings: 37189
OS Grid: SW431371
Mapcode National: GBR DXK6.MVJ
Mapcode Global: VH052.WRKQ
Plus Code: 9C2P5CH2+H4
Entry Name: Lower Porthmeor Farmhouse, Rear Courtyard Walls and Front Garden Walls
Listing Date: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1144331
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70581
Location: Zennor, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Zennor
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Zennor
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 43 NW
3/245 Lower Porthmeor Farmhouse, rear
- courtyard walls and front garden
Farmhouse, rear courtyard walls and front garden walls. Circa 1800. Granite ashlar
front, otherwise granite rubble with granite dressings. Slurried scantle slate roof
at front and over rear wing, corrugated asbestos over rear. Brick chimneys over the
gable ends. External stones lateral stack at left of rear wing.
Plan: 2 room plan with larger kitchen left and parlour right, cross passage between
leading to stair; 2 storey 1-room plan dairy with apple loft at right angles to rear
left, and lean-to at rear right. The apple loft is approached by an external flight
of steps adjoining at high rear courtyard walls. Another outbuilding adjoining
Exterior: 2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 3 window south-east front the windows and
doorway disposed towards the right, with doorway central to fenestration. Slightly
wider ground floor openings. C20 door with overlight. Circa late C19 horned sashes.
Interior: fairly complete and unaltered, original stairs, floor partitions; features
include chimney-piece with dentilled cornice (first floor right-hand room) with circa
late C19 horseshoe grate.
The rectangular front garden is enclosed by a granite moorstone wall with monolithic
gate piers. The rear left hand wing is built over a wall of coursed masonry which
extends north-west and forms the lower boundary of the farmyard.
Part of an unspoiled coastal hamlet set in the ancient field system of this part of
Listing NGR: SW4310037189
Other nearby listed buildings